Bengal’s top doubles badminton player Trinankur Nag electrocuted to death

Officials termed this a “looting of our cultural heritage”.

Bengal’s number one doubles badminton player Trinankur Nag died of electrocution on Monday after suffering severe burn injuries while working in a railway carshed, an Eastern Railway spokesman said.

The 26-year-old shuttler came in contact with a high tension overhead electrical wire at his workplace in Kankurgachi on Saturday.

He was under treatment at Eastern Railway’s B R Singh Hospital where he died Monday morning, the spokesman said.