Tottenham Hotspur travel to Manchester City on Saturday with the hosts having a record 15 successive Premier League wins, and on the basis of their visitors’ recent away form, a 16th victory appears to be the likely outcome.Tottenham will travel to the Etihad Stadium fourth in the standings following consecutive home wins over Stoke City and Brighton and Hove Albion in the past week, but their position masks troubles on the road.Having won their first four away league games this season, Mauricio Pochettino’s side have earned just one point and scored only twice in their past four away league matches, losing 1-0 to Manchester United, 2-0 to Arsenal and 2-1 to Leicester City before being held to a 1-1 draw by Watford.And their prospects against City, who lead the league by 11 points, are dampened further by Tottenham’s tendency under Pochettino to struggle away from home against the best teams in the country. Since he took over as manager in 2014, they have won only one of 17 away matches against Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool.
You may also like
1 day ago
- India’s first Ruby chocolate is here!
- As boxing faces uncertain future, International Boxing Association chief confirms it will remain in 2020 Olympics
- World Anti-Doping Agency to continue bullying investigation within organisation
- Blow to Sirisena: Sri Lankan Parliament votes against PM Rajapakse
- France an US ally, not their vassal state: Macron hits out at Trump