Tibi’s Spring Summer 2019 showcase underscored many gender-less codes: suiting, shirting and denim. Her slouchy tailoring and pastel palette are likely to appeal to both boys and girls. Monse’s opening model was a guy sporting messy hair and a relaxed-fit V-neck marinière knit accented with strings of pearls. Their oversized pieces with extra-long sleeves work for both men and women. It was a similar story on the runway of Eckhaus Latta. At London Fashion Week, Erdem Moralioglu’s muses were two Victorian men, cross-dressers who were nightlife celebrities and by day lived quietly as sisters. Back home, Chola presented an un-gender line at the recently concluded fashion week. What does one attribute this to? And do experts see it gaining momentum in the coming seasons?
You may also like
- General Elections 2019 Live Updates: PM Modi To Campaign In Maharashtra, Rajasthan; Rahul Gandhi In UP Today
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale Holds Talks With Chinese foreign Minister
- In 4-Hour Meet, Pragya Thakur Told By BJP To “Avoid Provocative Remarks”
- 290 Including 5 Indians Killed In Sri Lanka Serial Blasts, 24 Arrested
- Father, Son Die Trying To Save Drowning Tourist In Australia