Tibi’s Spring Summer 2019 showcase underscored many gender-less codes: suiting, shirting and denim. Her slouchy tailoring and pastel palette are likely to appeal to both boys and girls. Monse’s opening model was a guy sporting messy hair and a relaxed-fit V-neck marinière knit accented with strings of pearls. Their oversized pieces with extra-long sleeves work for both men and women. It was a similar story on the runway of Eckhaus Latta. At London Fashion Week, Erdem Moralioglu’s muses were two Victorian men, cross-dressers who were nightlife celebrities and by day lived quietly as sisters. Back home, Chola presented an un-gender line at the recently concluded fashion week. What does one attribute this to? And do experts see it gaining momentum in the coming seasons?
- After LTC scam, Air India hit by another fraud, this time in Family Fare Scheme
- Rolls Royce to return Indian govt Rs 18 crore ‘commission money’ paid to its agents
- Disproportionate assets: MP IPS officer raided
- Lokayukta raids bureaucrat’s premises; unearths illegal assets
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Chouhan accuses Jyotiraditya of land grab